Welcome to GSI Section
- Formula Pro Elite Layout Page 1.0
- Mounting to Wheelbase Page 2.0
- Software Setup Page 3.0
- Dual Clutch Setup Page 4.0
- Cleaning & Maintenance Page 5.0
Safe Usage & Warranty
Welcome to GSI
Meet the Formula Pro Elite, the wheel that marked the beginning of our journey. It embodies the perfect balance of features and functionality. Crafted to elevate your racing experience, it offers a remarkable blend of performance, durability, and style that defines our commitment to excellence.
- LCD Touchscreen Display
- RGB LED Rev Strip
- Silicone Handles
- Push-Button Rotary Encoders (x5)
- 7-Way Multi Switch
- Aluminum Push Buttons (x10)
- 70MM PCD Mounting (Optional QRS-1 Pictured)
- Shifter Paddles (x2)
- Connector for GSI Coiled USB Cable
- Clutch Paddles (x2 / Optional)
Mounting to Wheelbase
Each GSI wheel has a 70MM PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter). Most hubs that have a 70MM PCD will attach to the Formula Pro Elite. When possible, always use the non-threaded side of the hub to attach to the wheel body. If a hub needs to be attached via hub-side threads, you must use Captive Screws to prevent damaging the wheel and hub.
We recommend providing at least 50MM between the wheel and wheelbase to prevent the coiled USB cable from colliding with the wheelbase.
- Never use regular screws to connect items (hubs, wheels, etc.) from thread to thread. Damage to the threads will occur! You must use Captive Screws to correctly secure two threaded items.
- Do not use screws that extend more than 4MM past the hub lip when threaded. For example, GSI hubs have an 8MM lip, the wheel body is 4MM thick. In this case, the appropriate combined screw length would be 12MM. Any longer and you risk screwing into the PCB board of the wheel and destroying it.
AH50 Hub / AH100 Hub
Place the non-threaded side of the hub on the back of the wheel body with the GSI logo facing up, and align the screw holes.
M5 16MM Screws (Included)
Thread the x6 included screws with a 4MM Allen key until they reach the base of the hub.
Formula Pro Elite Mounting Threads (70MM PCD)
Tighten the screws in a star pattern using a 4MM Allen key.
- QRS-1 Wheel-Side
- Wheel-Side Screws (Included)
- QRS-1 Base-Side
- Base-Side Screws (Included)
- Detach the QRS-1 halves by squeezing the pull ring.
- Your wheelbase mounting solution will determine whether you use the included shorter or longer screws. Here are the most common configurations:
BASE-SIDE: x3 Short Screws
WHEEL-SIDE: x3 Short Screws
BASE-SIDE: x6 Long Screws + x6 Nuts (if needed)
WHEEL-SIDE: x6 Short Screws
IMPORTANT: When mounting the QRS-1 wheel-side, never use the included longer screws or screws longer than 16MM to avoid damaging the internal electronics.
- With the wheelbase shaft centered, place the QRS-1 base-side with the text upright on your wheelbase mount and thread the appropriate length screw (we recommend using the SC2-X Adapter for Simucube 2 wheelbases).
- Place the QRS-1 wheel-side with the GSI logo facing up on the back of the wheel and align the screw holes, install the appropriate number of short screws only.
- Using the included Allen key, thread the screws down until they lay flush. Use the stubby end of the Allen key to tighten the screws.
Before starting, ensure your Simucube 2 wheelbase is completely turned off and that all attachments are removed from the wheelbase. The pre-installed Simucube base-side QR should be visible with the logo upright.
M5 30MM Screws (Included)
Using a 4MM HEX Allen key, remove the x3 pre-installed screws from the Simucube base-side QR. Align the SC2-X Adapter to the wheelbase shaft screw holes and install with the provided screws.
QRS-1 (Base-Side) - Reference Only
Once the SC2-X is installed, you'll be able to install accessories to your Simucube like the QRS-1, or other 70MM/50.8MM PCD QRs, hubs, etc.
QRS-1 (Base-Side Screws) - Reference Only
DO NOT use screws that travel more than 5MM past the lip of accessories you are attaching to the SC2-X to avoid damaging the adapter, and to ensure they can be tightened securely.
Before you continue, we highly recommend using the following connection method:
- GSI Coiled USB Cable → Powered USB Hub → PC
Using a power-injected USB hub to connect the wheel to your PC helps prevent connectivity issues by providing additional power to run the display and LEDs.
Connect to PC
GSI Coiled USB Cable (PC-Side)
Ensure your powered USB hub is connected to your PC and power source, then connect the cable to the powered USB hub.
GSI Coiled USB Cable (Wheel-Side)
Connect cable to wheel, ensuring the keyed portion lines up with the connector in the wheel (see Step 3).
The wheel-side of the cable has a small notch. Ensure this notch is oriented at the top so it easily connects to the wheel. Thread the metal coupling to the wheel until snug.
LED FIRMWARE UPDATE
If your Formula Pro Elite was purchased before May 2023, download the LED Updater and follow the tutorial below in order to control your wheel as a device in SimHub. If you do not wish to update your wheel firmware, follow the instructions in our original FPE Setup Guide.
Formula Pro Elite
- Click Gomez Sim Industries in the side panel menu
- Select GSI Formula Pro Elite
Select your wheel screen type:
Identified by a glossy finish and used in wheels built in May 2022 and after.
Identified by a matte finish and used in wheels built before May 2022.
- Go to: Devices > Formula Pro Elite > LCD.
- Under Displayed dashboard, change to GSI FPE.
If the dash listed isn't listed, download the GSI FPE dash and open the file. A popup window will appear, click 'Import into SimHub library'.
- You can use any SimHub dash on any SimHub-compatible screen. If you would like to use a another GSI dash (e.g. Hyper P1 dash), go to the corresponding wheel manual to learn how to install it.
- If you experience display-related connectivity issues, download and install the VoCore display driver.
Dual Clutch Setup
Prior to mapping your clutches within a simulator, they will need to be calibrated.
- Open GSI Control Center and click on Calibration, then slowly pull and release both clutches. Your clutches are now calibrated.
- After calibration, click either the Dual Clutch (Most Common) or the Gas and Brake options.
Dual Clutch mode
Set the bite point by adjusting the slider on the right or inputting the value manually, then click Set Bite Point.
Set Dz Values
If a clutch is too sensitive and is reporting inputs without being pulled (Min) or does not report 100% when fully pulled (Max), increase the value by 1 and click Set Dz Values to save the setting. Repeat until you have eliminated any deadzones.
We recommend testing each clutch while in the Gas and Brake mode in order to test the range of each clutch. Do not use the Calibration mode as it always outputs the raw output from the sensors, rather than what is output to the sim.
GSI Shifters come pre-lubricated from the factory. With extended use, you will need to re-apply a small amount of PTFE lubricant in the specified locations (see image) to keep them working at their best. DO NOT use spray lubricants, and DO NOT use excess lubricant. Be cautious during application and do not get it onto other parts of the wheel.
- Lubricant Area #1
- Lubricant Area #2
Clutch Maintenance & Adjustments
GSI Clutches may need to have PTFE lubricant applied to the spring resting points inside the clutch housing in order to keep the actuation smooth.
Using a 2MM HEX Allen key with a stubby end, loosen (but do not remove) both screws on both ends of the clutch to until you can freely move the retention paddle. Set the retention paddle to a position that feels comfortable to you and then retighten both screws.
- Before cleaning, unplug the coiled USB cable from the wheel.
- Use a soft microfiber towel to gently wipe the display, button caps, and aluminum body. For tougher grime or dirt, use 99% isopropyl alcohol. Use a soft detailing brush to remove debris from hard-to-reach areas.
- Be careful not to apply too much pressure on the labels as this may damage the matte finish.
- Use a cotton swab dipped in 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean the labels.
- Gently brush the surface of the labels with the dampened cotton swab and use the dry side to absorb any excess alcohol.
- This helps to prevent drying spots from forming on the labels.
- To remove minor surface blemishes from the labels, use a heat gun at 38°C (100°F) from a distance of about 30 cm (1 ft) while continuously moving around the label.
- Avoid applying too much heat to the wheel face, as this may damage the labels/buttons.
- To replace the labels, use a 1.5mm HEX screwdriver to remove all 3 multi-switches. Locate the screw hole underneath the ‘G’ logo and partially unscrew it until the switch can be lifted up from the wheel face.
- Set the multi-switches aside, leaving the screws in until it’s time to reinstall them.
- Carefully remove the labels with your fingernails or soft plastic tweezers to avoid damaging the carbon fiber plate.
- If any adhesive residue is left behind, use the sticky side of the removed labels to repeatedly stick and unstick the surface to lift the leftover adhesive.
- Alternatively, use a cotton swab dampened with acetone and move it in circular motions. However, be cautious when using acetone as it is a volatile compound and should be handled with care by an adult.
For proper operation, you need to have a clean, reliable USB data throughput signal and the absence of EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) from other devices.
- Connect wheel via a powered USB hub or directly to computer.
- Avoid excessively long USB extension cables. Data degrades on longer USB extensions.
- AMD systems with widely known poor USB performance update to AGESA bios 188.8.131.52 or higher. (check your motherboard manufacturer website)
- Check for EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) and ground rig if needed.
- Try alternate USB ports if one port is not performing to spec.
- Check coiled cable to make sure cable housing is screwed on tight.
- USB shares data throughput with all devices on the system. Make sure you are not overloading the USB tree.
- Use a dedicated PCIE USB card. (We recommend NEC chipset cards)
Safe Usage & Warranty
For more information, read the full Terms & Conditions.
Warnings & instructions for safe usage
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts, adult supervision required! Never let children use the GSI steering wheel, or any of the provided parts or tools without supervision by an adult.
- Never use damaged or in any way defective product, stop using it and contact the reseller or the manufacturer.
- Use protective gloves when changing or adding parts to the steering wheel, or when removing parts from it.
- Always make sure everyone using the GSI steering wheel have read and understood the content of the manual above.
- Always check that all connections and quick releases are tightened before using the steering wheel.
- DO NOT open the steering wheel.
- The GSI steering wheel or any of its parts may not be used for any other purpose than what they were designed for. GSI products are meant to be used as an USB-input device on a computer. DO NOT USE IN A REAL CAR! The manufacturer is not liable for any damage that may result from using the product in violation of the instructions.
- Always fasten the GSI steering wheel to the direct drive base with M5 bolts (6 pcs). It is the user's responsibility to ensure that the platform can withstand the use of the GSI steering wheel.
Operating environment and safe storage conditions
- 15°C – 35°C temperature, non-condensing humidity.
- Do not expose the GSI steering wheel or any provided parts to direct sunlight or moisture.
- Indoor use and storing only.
The product has a 1-year warranty, excluding situations and events where:
- Instructions for use or care have been disregarded.
- The product has been used incorrectly or carelessly.
- An accident or other event has occurred after the product has been handed over, in which the product has been damaged by external factors.
- Normal wear and tear in use.
Product meets EU standards for health, safety, and environmental protection.
Manufacturer: Gomez Sim Industries LLC
Manufacturer address: 1167 Mississippi Ave #100, Dallas, Texas 75207